Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesday from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm
Consumer Credit Counseling Service (CCCS) is a program of Family Guidance Center serving residents throughout central New Jersey. The program helps individuals and families become financially self sufficient by encouraging responsible use of credit, teaching money management skills and providing pre purchase housing counseling. The program is licensed by the New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance, certified by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and accredited by the Council on Accreditation Services for Families and Children, Inc. CCCS is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC).
How do I know if I am in financial trouble?
Take the My Money Check Up: www.mymoneycheckup.org
Bring your results in and receive a FREE counseling session with a NFCC Certified Financial Professional.
- Debt Management Program: This program outlines a repayment plan to your creditors, consolidating all outstanding unsecured debts.
Your NFCC Certified Financial Professional will:
Pre-Bankruptcy Counseling: includes an overview of the bankruptcy process, a discussion of possible alternatives to bankruptcy that includes advantages and disadvantages, and a personalized budget analysis. The session also includes a discussion of the circumstances that led the consumer into financial difficulty. Counseling available in-person and over the phone.
Post-Bankruptcy Education: this course will address financial literacy issues that will arm individuals with the tools to prevent future financial problems. Among key topics: rebuilding finances after bankruptcy, developing and following a budget, understanding and using credit, “predatory lending”, and identity theft. A Certificate of Completion will be issued upon completion. Counseling availble in-person.
Documents Required English:
BUDGET ANALYSIS BKPTCY LONG FORM 2014.pdf (176.48 kb)
PRE-BANKRUPTCY COUNSELING DISCLOSURE 2014.pdf (314.30 kb)
Documents Required Spanish:
ANALISIS FINANCIERO PRE BANCARROTA 2014.pdf (162.47 kb)
DECLARACION PRE-BANCARROTA 2014 REVISION.pdf (358.45 kb)
- Student Loan Debt: Explore available options and potential solutions to help you avoid default and provide a more manageable monthly payment. During your financial review our NFCC certified financial professionals will help you understand the repayment process and options available to you by explaining:
- Repayment Options
- Strategies to reduce the total amount of interest you pay over the life of the loan
- Steps to take if you have trouble making your payments
- Loan rehabilitation programs
- Student loan consolidation
- Identifying potential options towards cancellation and forgiveness for Federal loans
- Making Sense - A series of financial education wokshops delivered directly to your office, community group, or house of worship. Designed to meet your needs and specifications. Making Sense is a cost affordable extension of your human resource department:
Click here to download the brochure: Making Sense PDF.pdf (143.43 kb)
- Representative Payee Program: A program designed for those who regularly need assistance managing and paying their bills.
Click here to download the brochure: CCCS Rep Payee Brochure 2014.pdf (203.54 kb)
- Educational Programs: Free community-based seminars are provided on a regular basis and address such topics as budgeting, wise use of credit, the home buying process, and other financial topics helpful to consumers, contact us for additional details.
For more information about CCCS' programs and services please call (609) 586-2574 or email Mary Halupa, at email@example.com